How Do I?

Administration – General
How do I view property tax information?
View property information by clicking here.
How do I apply for the Homestead/Disability Property Tax Exemption?

The Homestead Exemption (HEX)/ Disability Exemption (DEX) is deter­mined every two years by the General Assembly to reflect increases in the cost of living. For 2016, the amount of the exemption (assess­ment reduction) is $36,900. For additional information, please visit Kenton County PVA at or call 859-392-1750.

How do I get on the PVA’s email list?
In its ongoing efforts to provide exceptional customer service and communicate more effectively and efficiently with the property owners of Kenton County, the Property Valuation Office is establishing an “Email Announcement Program”.  If you would like to receive future email announcements from the PVA Office relative to the assessment of property, please sign up on the PVA’s  website at
How do I obtain an occupational license?

Contact Kenton County at (859) 392-1440 or click here.

How do I get directions to City facilities?
Directions to all City facilities can be obtained by contacting Administration at (859) 331-5910. M-F 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
How do I obtain and review public documents and records?
Submit an open records request to the City of Edgewood, City Clerk, 385 Dudley Road, Edgewood, KY  41017.  Open Records request forms can be found by Clicking Here
How do I complain about garbage/recycling pick up?
Call Rumpke at 800-828-8171 or after hours email [email protected]
How do I obtain a yard/garage sale permit?
Yard/Garage sale permits are required and can be purchased at the City Building for $5, M-F 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
How do I run for office?
Please visit: Secretary of State and Requirements
Garbage and Recycling
How do I set up garbage/recycling service?
Garbage and recycling fees are included on the annual City of Edgewood Property Tax bill.  Please contact Rumpke at 1-800-828-8171 to request bins
How do I complain about garbage/recycling pick up?
Call Rumpke at 800-828-8171 or after hours email [email protected]
How do I view the garbage/recycling service schedule?
How do I dispose of large items?
If you notify Rumpke at 1-800-828-8171, large items may be placed at the curb with your regular trash.
How do I dispose of paint?
Paint should be dried out and disposed of with your regular trash. Take the lid off to dry it out, add kitty litter to speed up the process, keep the lid off when you place out for the trash so the hauler knows it is dry.  
How do I dispose of household hazardous waste?
Items are accepted at a variety of locations and events throughout the year. Visit the Northern Kentucky Household Hazardous Waste Action Coalition website at for information.  Kenton County Public Works has a monthly cleanup contact them at 859-392-1920 for more information.
General Services Department
How do I report a problem with a traffic signal or street light?
Contact the City Building at (859) 331-5910 who will determine the responsible utility/party and report the problem.
How do I find out when my street is scheduled for repairs?
You can check the City’s Street Repair Schedule online by clicking here. If you have additional questions contact the City Building at (859) 331-5910.
How do I report a pothole?

The City of Edgewood uses See Click Fix to report concerns such as a pothole, please click here to report it. 

How do I obtain a building permit?
A building permit may be obtained by contacting the Planning Development Services of Kenton County (PDS) at (859) 331-8980 or visit
How do I obtain an Encroachment Permit?
Police Department
How do I obtain a copy of an Edgewood Police Report?
Visit This website allows you to download reports or you can call or stop by the Edgewood Administrative Building. We are located at 385 Dudley Road. You can normally obtain records Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
How do I obtain a criminal offense report?
Visit the City Building, M-F 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. or call (859) 331-5910.
How do I pay a parking citation?
Fines may be paid in person or by mail at the City of Edgewood, 385 Dudley Road, Edgewood, KY 41017. M-F 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Phone (859) 331-5910.
How do I get fingerprinted?

The state and or FBI is no longer accepting fingerprints from police or any other agencies except those done through Identogo

Pleave visit for more information.

How do I have my car seat installed/inspected?
Parents should always follow the car seat manufacturer’s instructions and vehicle owner’s manual on how to properly install child safety seats. The Edgewood Police Department currently does NOT have a certified Car Seat Inspector, please contact another department.
How do I get a pre-employment background check?
Edgewood Police Department does not provide Background Checks.  The Kentucky State Police Records Branch, Name Search Section, conducts background checks for employment, licensing, and other similar purposes, as authorized by the Kentucky Revised Statutes.  To obtain information on how to conduct a background check, and to receive Background Check Release Authorization Forms, please contact the Kentucky State Police Name Search Section at 502-227-8700. Business hours are M-F 8-4:30 EST.

There is a $10.00 fee charged for each background check, and they must be submitted in person, or by mail. No electronic transmissions or faxes are accepted for this service.

How do I pay or contest a Commonwealth of Kentucky traffic citation?
Review the information sheet the  officer provided at the time of the stop or contact the Kenton County Justice Center at 230 Madison Avenue, Covington, KY  41011, (859) 292-6521. M-F from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
How do I report a Kentucky resident motorist with an out of state license plate?
Thousands of Kentuckians are beating the system through the improper use in Kentucky of motor vehicles bearing out-of-state li­cense plates or improper use of temporary tags. If you observe a Kentucky resident operating mo­tor vehicles on Kentucky high­ways for more than 15 days with out-of-state license plates or for more than 30 days with tempo­rary tags, please help the Department of Revenue identify these Freeroaders. Click here for a link to the Kentucky Department of Revenue’s website including an anonymous online form. Click here for a video about the Freeroader program. For more information, click here.
Recreation Department
How do I rent a shelter at Presidents or Freedom Park?
Edgewood residency is required to rent a shelter, contact Administration at (859)331-5910 for availability.  Shelter rental fees are M-F $20, S-S $40.
How do I rent the Senior Center or White House?

View Senior Center and White House information by clicking here.

How do I know when events are so I can plan ahead?

Credit Cards are accepted for purchases over $20.